Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Phil

Default sumif

unfortunately i need to keep the format as is. any other
suggestions?...don't know if sumif is the wrong route or i need to combine
this formala with another??

"CLR" wrote:

The best "better way" that I can suggest would be to change over to a
single-sheet database instead of one sheet for each month. Then the SUMIF
and/or AutoFilter function would be simple, and specific-month reports could
be easily reproduced if desired.

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Phil" wrote:

I'm trying to use one sumif formula to capture YTD personel info from several
tabs (Jan-Dec) within a workbook with no success. The criteria is the
personel name. Because people come and go from the company the data can't
simply be pulled from the same cell from the different tabs. Currently, I'm
adding a sumif (Jan) + sumif (Feb) + etc to be able to achieve my objective.
There's gotta be a better way! Any suggestions? Thanks.

phil