Junior Member

Question multiple arrays for SMALL command

How do I use the SMALL command when I want it to look at values listed on different sheets? The problem is that it won't let me list more than one array like the minimum command allows me. Or is there some way to list cell numbers inside a bracketed array instead of values? For example, I can do:
=SMALL({6,23,5,2.3}, 2)
but I can't do:
=SMALL({A3,C5,D18,D21}, 2)
which is what I need to be able to do.
Is there another command I can use?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default multiple arrays for SMALL command

=SMALL((A3,C5,D18,D21), 2)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Alan Beban

Chickalett wrote:
How do I use the SMALL command when I want it to look at values listed
on different sheets? The problem is that it won't let me list more than
one array like the minimum command allows me. Or is there some way to
list cell numbers inside a bracketed array instead of values? For
example, I can do:
=SMALL({6,23,5,2.3}, 2)
but I can't do:
=SMALL({A3,C5,D18,D21}, 2)
which is what I need to be able to do.
Is there another command I can use?

Use parentheses instead of braces.

Alan Beban
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by
=SMALL((A3,C5,D18,D21), 2)
Thanks,
What if my values are on different sheets, like for instance:
=SMALL((A3,C5,D18,Sheet2!A2,Sheet3!A1), 2)
It doesn't seem to work then.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Aladin Akyurek

If you download and install the morefunc.xll add-in (try google to
locate)...

=SMALL(ARRAY.JOIN(A3,C5,D18,Sheet2!A2,Sheet3!A1), 2)