Shooter

Default "Calculate" note at bottom of my screen?

When in an excel spreadsheet, the bottom of my screen displays:

Ready Calculate Num

The above messages appear at all times. This is the first time I have
noticed the "Calculate" message staying on. Is this normal or could I have a
problem with a formula?
--
Shooter
Frank Kabel

Hi
goto 'tools - Options - Calculate' and enable 'automatic calculation'

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Shooter wrote:
When in an excel spreadsheet, the bottom of my screen displays:

Ready Calculate Num

The above messages appear at all times. This is the first time I have
noticed the "Calculate" message staying on. Is this normal or could I
have a problem with a formula?

JE McGimpsey

"Calculate" is on when Calculation mode (Tools/Options/Calculate) is
Manual.

It also is always on when the number of dependencies (references between
cells) exceeds 65536, so if your workbook is fairly large, that could be
the cause.