Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Prohock

Default Use of offset and match functions with changing arrays, I think???

I would like excell to look for at the text value in column A and if that
value exists else wear in the spread sheet in column A, I would like it to
return the value that is in the same row in column B, exculding the value
being test for, in column C. If the value occurs twice I would like to
CONCATENATE both column B values in the same cell for C. I would like this to
occur to a maximum of three values. Please see the sample below: Columns A
and B are entered data and column C is the calculated data.

A B C
1 name class Desired results
2 jim hi
3 bob bye
4 jim hello hi
5 suzy audios
6 suzy good audios
7 bob bad bye
8 jim play hi hello
9 silly car
10 jim house hi hello play

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Prohock

Default Use of offset and match functions with changing arrays, I thin

Unfortunately I can't sort the data because it is a shared file that other
authors will use and it must be in the order in which the data was entered.
The purpose of this function is to collect historical data from a customer in
terms of what they have purchased in the past and put it all in one cell,
exclusive of the purchase the have just made (new record/new row)