Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Subin

Default How to take the worksheet name as a variable(Label/Define) in a fo

Hi,

I have 12 sheets for each month of the year. The Sheets has been names JAN,
FEB, MAR€¦DEC. I added one more Sheet Analysis. In the Analysis Sheet, there
is a list containing 12 entries JAN, FEB, MAR€¦.DEC.

I want to do some calculations based on the user selection(JAN or FEB or MAR
etc). The formula I am using is
=IF(((VLOOKUP(B4,MONTH!$G$2:$G$245,1,FALSE))=B4)," Y"," "); here MONTH should
be a variable based on the selections. Please help me in this( I am expecting
a solution without using macros ). This is an urgent issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Subin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

You can use indirect but your formula seems to test if B4 exists in G2:G245,
you can do that easier

=IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(B4,INDIRECT("'"&I3&"'!G2:G245") ,0)),"Y","")

using your formula

=IF(VLOOKUP(B4,INDIRECT("'"&I3&"'!$G$2:$G$245"),1, FALSE)=B4,"Y","")

however your formula won't return a blank if not found it will return a #N/A
error

In both cases I3 holds the name of the sheet

Peo Sjoblom

Northwest Excel Solutions

www.nwexcelsolutions.com

(remove ^^ from email address)

Portland, Oregon

"Subin" wrote in message

I have 12 sheets for each month of the year. The Sheets has been names
JAN,
FEB, MAR€¦DEC. I added one more Sheet Analysis. In the Analysis Sheet,
there
is a list containing 12 entries JAN, FEB, MAR€¦.DEC.

I want to do some calculations based on the user selection(JAN or FEB or
MAR
etc). The formula I am using is
=IF(((VLOOKUP(B4,MONTH!$G$2:$G$245,1,FALSE))=B4)," Y"," "); here MONTH
should
be a variable based on the selections. Please help me in this( I am
expecting
a solution without using macros ). This is an urgent issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Subin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Subin

Default How to take the worksheet name as a variable(Label/Define) in

Thank you very Much.. Peo Sjoblom. It worked :-)