Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Alex

Default check if the sheet/tag exists

I need to check from the Workbook1 whether the SheetName exists in the
Workbook2. (I have many workbooks to check.)
I'm trying to use
=IF(ISERROR('C:\[Workbook2.XLS]SheetName'!$A$1),"No","Yes")
It's working but if the SheetName has been created in the Workbook2 I have
#REF! in the Workbook1.

Probably, there is a better formula to do this.
Please, advise.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

If the other workbook is not open then you would need VBA for this, if it is
open

=IF(ISERROR(INDIRECT("'[Workbook.xls]Sheet5'!$A$1")),"Does Not
Exist","Exist")

Peo Sjoblom

Northwest Excel Solutions

www.nwexcelsolutions.com

(remove ^^ from email address)

Portland, Oregon

"Alex" wrote in message
I need to check from the Workbook1 whether the SheetName exists in the
Workbook2. (I have many workbooks to check.)
I'm trying to use
=IF(ISERROR('C:\[Workbook2.XLS]SheetName'!$A$1),"No","Yes")
It's working but if the SheetName has been created in the Workbook2 I have
#REF! in the Workbook1.

Probably, there is a better formula to do this.
Please, advise.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Alex

Thanks Peo,
Unfortunately, all those workbooks I need to look at regarding a specific
sheet are closed.
Can we use something with VLOOKUP to find there something very common such
as an empty cell or whaterver?
I tried =VLOOKUP("",[Workbook.XLS]SheetName!$A$1:$A$100,1,TRUE)
but, it's not working. This "" is not valid.