Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Terry Bennett

Default Conditional Formatting

It is very easy to format a cell dependant on the value of that cell itself.

How do I apply the same conditional formatting to a row of cells based on
the value of one cell in that row? ie; if A5 1,000 make A5 bold, but also
B5, C5, D5, etc.

Sorry if this is very obvious but I can't seem to work it out and can't see
any recent posts on the subject.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
daddylonglegs

Select whole range then apply this formula within conditional
formatting

formula is

=$A51000

--
daddylonglegs
daddylonglegs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30486

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

Select all cells in question starting with A5 (meaning A5 will be the active
cell and the cell reference you will see in the name box above column A),
then do formatconditional formatting, select formula is and in the formula
box put

=$A$51000

click the format button, font and select bold, click OK twice

Peo Sjoblom

Northwest Excel Solutions

www.nwexcelsolutions.com

(remove ^^ from email address)