Excel Monkey Boy

Default HOw do I add fields between worksheets?

I am working on license inventory. Each sheet is a computer with software
listed. I'm currently using a COUNTIF statement but how do I get the COUNTIF
to span across 2 or more worksheets to give me a total of the software
installed on all the computers?
Frank Kabel

Hi
provide some more details:
- how are the sheets named
- what column do you want to count

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Excel Monkey Boy" <Excel Monkey schrieb
im Newsbeitrag
I am working on license inventory. Each sheet is a computer with

software
listed. I'm currently using a COUNTIF statement but how do I get the

COUNTIF
to span across 2 or more worksheets to give me a total of the

software
installed on all the computers?

excel monkey boy

The sheets are named by a person's name. Example: Joe, John
The columns I want to count are operating systems. Example: XP
Professional, Windows 2000 Professional, etc.

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
provide some more details:
- how are the sheets named
- what column do you want to count

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

"Excel Monkey Boy" <Excel Monkey schrieb
im Newsbeitrag
I am working on license inventory. Each sheet is a computer with

software
listed. I'm currently using a COUNTIF statement but how do I get the

COUNTIF
to span across 2 or more worksheets to give me a total of the

software
installed on all the computers?

Excel Monkey Boy

Sheets are named by user. Example: Bob, John, Sarah
Columns I want to count are BobA3, JohnA3, SarahA2
The columns have different Operating systems in them such as: XP
Professional, and Windows 2000 Professional.

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
provide some more details:
- how are the sheets named
- what column do you want to count

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

"Excel Monkey Boy" <Excel Monkey schrieb
im Newsbeitrag
I am working on license inventory. Each sheet is a computer with

software
listed. I'm currently using a COUNTIF statement but how do I get the

COUNTIF
to span across 2 or more worksheets to give me a total of the

software
installed on all the computers?

Frank Kabel

Hi
1. On your summary sheet create a list with your worksheet names. e.g.
put them in the range X1:X3
2. try the following formula to count all occurences of the string
'software1' in the range A1:A100 on each of these sheets
=SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(INDIRECT("'" & X1:X3 & "'!A1:A100),"software1"))

--
Regards
Frank Kabel