Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Joyce

Default Protecting Sheets

I've tried searching (I'm sure others have had this question) but I can't
seem to find the answer... I want to protect workbook with multiple
worksheets so that the formulas cannot be disturbed (and in fact hide sheets)
but at the same time allow the workbook to be linked to other workbooks (and
thus, allow users to change the links). I can protect it OR I can change the
links...but I can't figure out how to do both. Any advice?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rich Mcc

what happens if you put a tick in the insert hyperlinks option when
protecting the sheet ?

"Joyce" wrote:

I've tried searching (I'm sure others have had this question) but I can't
seem to find the answer... I want to protect workbook with multiple
worksheets so that the formulas cannot be disturbed (and in fact hide sheets)
but at the same time allow the workbook to be linked to other workbooks (and
thus, allow users to change the links). I can protect it OR I can change the
links...but I can't figure out how to do both. Any advice?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
GY Fong - HK

I met the same problem. But I do by side way:
1. Open a new file: click open a new file to the tool bar
2. Select all of your sheet
3. Copy and paste to the new file; click at the left top conor of the new
sheet( the whole sheet becomes black colour)
4. Leave and save the original files
5. At remaining new file, Click Edit tool bar; select "Select option",
select "Value to paste"
Completed

"Joyce" wrote:

I've tried searching (I'm sure others have had this question) but I can't
seem to find the answer... I want to protect workbook with multiple
worksheets so that the formulas cannot be disturbed (and in fact hide sheets)
but at the same time allow the workbook to be linked to other workbooks (and
thus, allow users to change the links). I can protect it OR I can change the
links...but I can't figure out how to do both. Any advice?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
mike

protect the worsheets but NOT the workbook . . this will allow you links to
work . .I had the exact problem.

Mike Sawchuk