Jim

Default Cell Count

Is is possible to do a cell count when you have hidden
rows? How?

Thanks in Advance,

--Jim

Peo Sjoblom

Built in? Only in excel 2003

=SUBTOTAL(103,Range)

otherwise you would need a UDF or a macro

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Jim" wrote:

Is is possible to do a cell count when you have hidden
rows? How?

Thanks in Advance,

--Jim

Hi Peo,

Thanks for the reply ... =subtotal adds the numbers in
the column, I'm looking for a way to do just a cell
count. I have a spreadsheet with over a thousand rows in
it. I've hidden the ones I don't need, and am trying to
figure out how to do a count pf how many records are
remaining.

I am using 2003.

Thanks,

--Jim

"Jim" wrote:

Is is possible to do a cell count when you have hidden
rows? How?

Thanks in Advance,

--Jim

.

Frank Kabel

Hi
just try Peo's function. In this case using 9 as first parameter is
does a COUNT

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Jim" wrote:

Is is possible to do a cell count when you have hidden
rows? How?

Thanks in Advance,

--Jim

.

Jim

I tried this:

=subcount(9,E1:E5)

and got this in return:

#NAME?

where can I find a reference of the different definitions
of that first parameter?

Thanks,

--Jim

"Jim" wrote:

Is is possible to do a cell count when you have

hidden
rows? How?

Thanks in Advance,

--Jim

.

.

Frank Kabel

Hi
use the formula as provided :-)
=SUBTOTAL(9,E1:E5)

and just open Excel's help and search for SUBTOTAL

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Jim" wrote:

Is is possible to do a cell count when you have

hidden
rows? How?

Thanks in Advance,

--Jim

.

.

Gord Dibben

Frank

9 is SUM 2 is COUNT

1 AVERAGE
2 COUNT
3 COUNTA
4 MAX
5 MIN
6 PRODUCT
7 STDEV
8 STDEVP
9 SUM
10 VAR
11 VARP

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 22:31:15 +0100, "Frank Kabel"
wrote:

Hi
just try Peo's function. In this case using 9 as first parameter is
does a COUNT

Peo Sjoblom

Just notice that 9 will sum while 2 will count numbers and 3 will count
everything but blanks, finally if the rows are hidden you have to prefix it
with 10 and only in excel 2003

=SUBTOTAL(103,E1:E15)

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Jim" wrote:

Is is possible to do a cell count when you have

hidden
rows? How?

Thanks in Advance,

--Jim

.

.

Frank Kabel

Hi Peo
thanks for the correctiony. Just coopied the OP's formula :-)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Peo Sjoblom" schrieb im
Newsbeitrag ...

"Jim" wrote:

Is is possible to do a cell count when you have
hidden
rows? How?

Thanks in Advance,

--Jim

.

.

Frank Kabel

shame on me ;-)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

wrote:

Hi
just try Peo's function. In this case using 9 as first parameter is
does a COUNT

Jim

This is the one that worked for me. Thank-you PEO for
spelling it out for me!

=SUBTOTAL(102,F1:F6)

Thanks to the others for trying and keeping this post
alive!

--Jim