Dylan Moran

Default VLOOKUP trouble .. HELP!

Hi I am a novice in excel. Sorry. I have tried the help and this forum but
just am not getting Vllokup functions.

I have a spreadsheet with the following values (example)

Column A

Allocated
Not Allocated
Restricted
Quarantined

I want to be able to do similar to an if statement where I can lookup the
value in colum A and if "Allocated" put the value "Held" in column B but if
"Not Allocated" put the value "Spare" in Column B.

I hope this makes sense. Your help is appriated.

Dylan Moran - Melbourne Australia
Dylan Moran

P.S. I also want a vlaue of "nothing" for if it doesn't find the value in the
lookup.
Or I want like an ELSE statement for the other things.

"Dylan Moran" wrote:

Hi I am a novice in excel. Sorry. I have tried the help and this forum but
just am not getting Vllokup functions.

I have a spreadsheet with the following values (example)

Column A

Allocated
Not Allocated
Restricted
Quarantined

I want to be able to do similar to an if statement where I can lookup the
value in colum A and if "Allocated" put the value "Held" in column B but if
"Not Allocated" put the value "Spare" in Column B.

I hope this makes sense. Your help is appriated.

Dylan Moran - Melbourne Australia

Frank Kabel

Hi
try
=IF(COUNTIF(A1:A4,B1),"Match","")

where B1 conatins the value you want to lookup

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Dylan Moran" schrieb im