mike

Default carrying a hyper link when using the vlookup function

I have a spreadsheet with a bunch of hyperlinks.

ex:
Mike
John
Matt

I use the vlookup function to carry those text to another spreadsheet

ex:
vlookup(..)

I was told to add hyperlink in front to carry the hyperlink over as
well

ex:
hyperlink(vlookup(..))

However, when I do it, although the text (ex: Mike, John,
Matt)appeared to have become a hyperlink, it gives me an invalid
address error when clicking on them.

I just want to be able to carry the hyperlink over to the other
spreadsheet when using the vlookup function

Please help

Mike
Dave Peterson

This'll only work if the cell actually contains the link's address.

If you display: Mike
but the hyperlink points at: www.mikesURL.com

It won't work.

--