mike

Default carrying a hyper link when using the vlookup function

I have a hyperlink on a spreadsheet. When I use the vlookup function
on another spreadsheet it carries over the text from the other
spreadsheet but not the hyperlink...meaning that if I click on the
text on the new page it will not take me to another spreadsheet as it
would when I click on the original hyperlink. My question is how can I
use the vlookup function to transfer the text over but also the
hyperlink.

Thanks,
Mike-
Dave Peterson

=vlookup() returns the value in the cell.

If the value in the cell is the same as the hyperlink:

=hyperlink(vlookup(...))

may work for you.

--

Dave Peterson
mike

Hi Dave,

I tried that but it told me it cannot find the address. I went back to
the other spread sheet which had the hyperlink and it worked just
fine.

What should I do?