Danny J

Default setting two conditions for countif

Hi folks,

I am stuck and any help would be appreciated. I want to set a condition
which counts the number of people who have come on an outlook course. I
created the following equation:- =countif(A1:E20,and(b2="outlook",c2="y")).
A1:A20 being the worksheet, column A being the delegate name, column B the
course name and column c being did the delegate attend, y/n?

Looking at it I realise it must be wrong but cannot think of what the answer
should be.

Help!

Thanks,

Danny

JE McGimpsey

If I understand you correctly, here's one way:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(B1:B20="outlook"),--(C1:C20="y"))

For an explanation of the "--", take a look he

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/doubleneg.html

In article ,
"Danny J" wrote:

Hi folks,

I am stuck and any help would be appreciated. I want to set a condition
which counts the number of people who have come on an outlook course. I
created the following equation:- =countif(A1:E20,and(b2="outlook",c2="y")).
A1:A20 being the worksheet, column A being the delegate name, column B the
course name and column c being did the delegate attend, y/n?

Looking at it I realise it must be wrong but cannot think of what the answer
should be.

Help!

Thanks,

Danny

Frank Kabel

Hi
use sUMPRODUCT:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(B1:B100="outlook"),--(C1:C100="y"))

Also see:

Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

"Danny J" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Hi folks,

I am stuck and any help would be appreciated. I want to set a

condition
which counts the number of people who have come on an outlook course.

created the following equation:-

=countif(A1:E20,and(b2="outlook",c2="y")).
A1:A20 being the worksheet, column A being the delegate name, column

B the
course name and column c being did the delegate attend, y/n?

Looking at it I realise it must be wrong but cannot think of what the

answer
should be.

Help!

Thanks,

Danny

Peo Sjoblom

One way

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A20="name"),--(B1:B20="outlook"),--(C1:C20="y"))

if you want to count all names in A1:A20 when b is outlook and c is y use

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A20<""),--(B1:B20="outlook"),--(C1:C20="y"))

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Danny J" wrote:

Hi folks,

I am stuck and any help would be appreciated. I want to set a condition
which counts the number of people who have come on an outlook course. I
created the following equation:- =countif(A1:E20,and(b2="outlook",c2="y")).
A1:A20 being the worksheet, column A being the delegate name, column B the
course name and column c being did the delegate attend, y/n?

Looking at it I realise it must be wrong but cannot think of what the answer
should be.

Help!

Thanks,

Danny

Danny J

Thanks Peo,

I have some questions concerning Sum product which I have sent to the
newsgroup...hopefully it will appear soon.

Best wishes,

Danny