sh0t2bts

Default View the code in a add-in

Hi I have a excel add-in that I want to view the code of the functions of,
can someone tell me if this is possible?

The add-in is saved as a .xla file

Many Thanks

Mark

Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: View the code in a add-in

Note: If the add-in is password protected, you will need to enter the password before you can view its code.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,
John
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Ron de Bruin

Hi

If you know the password?

Alt-F11
Double click on the Add-in in the project explorer
Enter the password

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"sh0t2bts" wrote in message ...
Hi I have a excel add-in that I want to view the code of the functions of, can someone tell me if this is possible?

The add-in is saved as a .xla file

Many Thanks

Mark

sh0t2bts

When I go into the add-in the only code there is "Declare Function
function_name" repeated for 6 functions but I can not see the functions??

Any ideas?

Cheers

Mark

"sh0t2bts" wrote in message
Hi I have a excel add-in that I want to view the code of the functions
of, can someone tell me if this is possible?

The add-in is saved as a .xla file

Many Thanks

Mark

Frank Kabel

Hi
maybe the author has used a DLL for his coding. You may contact the
author directly (or tell us the name of your addin)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"sh0t2bts" wrote in message
Hi I have a excel add-in that I want to view the code of the

functions
of, can someone tell me if this is possible?

The add-in is saved as a .xla file

Many Thanks

Mark

sh0t2bts

The name of the add-in is "Erlang for Excel" the add-in file is called
"Westbay Traffic.xla"

There is no other files that come with the add-in only the .xla file

Cheers

Mark

"sh0t2bts" wrote in message
Hi I have a excel add-in that I want to view the code of the

functions
of, can someone tell me if this is possible?

The add-in is saved as a .xla file

Many Thanks

Mark

hrlngrv - ExcelForums.com

sh0t2bts wrote...
When I go into the add-in the only code there is "Declare

Function
function_name" repeated for 6 functions but I can not see the

functions??

If all you see is Declare statements, then you're .xla -add-in is
nothing more than an interface between Excel and functions in a
compiled .EXE or .DLL file, in which case there's no source code for
you to see. Looks like whoever wrote this add-in took the correct
steps to prevent users like you from seeing the source code for these
functions.
---------
www.coffeecozy.com

Use your Bodum and give up cold coffee for good!
Frank Kabel

Hi
as this looks like a quite professional tool (at least you have to pay
100$ for it) I'd assume the following:

- it probably installs just more than only this XLA
- I would assume they've installed a COM addin (dll file)

You probably won't be able to get to the code (as this is their
intellectual property). In Germany even trying to break the protection
is NOT allowed by law.

Maybe the vendor is willing to share some code (for a fee of course).

--

"sh0t2bts" wrote in message
Hi I have a excel add-in that I want to view the code of the

functions
of, can someone tell me if this is possible?

The add-in is saved as a .xla file

Many Thanks

Mark

Frank Kabel

Hi
to be honest: I doubt they give you the code. that's their business
model. Or does MS give away its code :-))