Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
PaulHelyer

Default Sensitivity analysis

I have a spread sheet that when you enter a varaible at the top say A1
you get an answer at the bottom say at L1.

I need to perform what I think is called a sensiitivity analysis on
this sheet.

I have a row of data say Z1 to Z10 and each value within this row needs
entering into the sheet individually at A1. The answer the sheet gives
at L1 then needs to appear under the corresponding input data row. So
the data in cell Z1 when put through the sheet the answer from this
will appear at AA1 and so on.

I'm sure this is very basic for a spreadsheet, but how the heck do I do
it.

Kind Regards, Paul

--
PaulHelyer
PaulHelyer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31716

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike Middleton

Paul -

Use the Data Table feature.

The input cell for your spreadsheet model is A1; the output cell is L1.
Arrange the input values in Z2 thru Z11.
Enter a reference to the output cell in AA1. (That is, enter =L1 in AA1.)
Select the entire data table, range Z1:AA11. (Cell Z1 is empty.)
Choose Data | Table.
Leave the Row Input Cell edit box empty.
Enter A1 for the Column Input Cell.
Click OK.

- Mike
www.mikemiddleton.com