Chimelle

Default custom format

I need help setting up a format that will show Minute:Second:Millisecond.
When I use the preset formats, it converts the numbers to AM/PM. The current
format I am using is mm:ss.0 but that doesn't quite work. I would also like
the user to be able to just enter 010842 and have it automatically format it
to 01:08:42 if that is possible.

Using Excel XP with 2000 OS.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Chimelle
Peo Sjoblom

For the second part see:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm

for the first part are you saying that even if you use a custom format like

h:mm:ss.000

you need 3 zeros for milli second, one zero is deci second

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom