JohnT

Default Average using alphanumerics

I have places in a spreadsheet column 1st, 2nd, 3rd... How do I get an
average to show those alphanumeric characters? I can do straight numerals but
with the alpha included it has me baffled, which doesn't take much...
Thanks!
Frank Kabel

Hi
nay chance to stripe the alpha characters from your values

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"JohnT" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I have places in a spreadsheet column 1st, 2nd, 3rd... How do I get

an
average to show those alphanumeric characters? I can do straight

numerals but
with the alpha included it has me baffled, which doesn't take much...
Thanks!

Biff

Hi!

Assuming that these are all typical ordinal numbers, try
this array formula and enter with the key combo of
CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER:

=AVERAGE(--LEFT(A1:A10,LEN(A1:A10)-2))

Biff

.