Tbledsoe

Default automatic carriage return

How can I perform an automatic carriage return after entering data in a cell
Bernard V Liengme

And how will Excel know that you have finished data entry?

"Tbledsoe" wrote in message
How can I perform an automatic carriage return after entering data in a
cell

Gord Dibben

Not automatic, but hit ALT + ENTER to get a new line in a cell.

Excel has no other way to know when you want a carriage return.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 04:11:04 -0800, "Tbledsoe"
wrote:

How can I perform an automatic carriage return after entering data in a cell

L. Howard Kittle

Hi Tbledsoe,

Bernard and Gord pretty much hit the nail on the head, Excel cannot read
your mind. I'm going on a wild guess with this...

Enter data in a cell, hit the TAB and then enter data in that cell, hit TAB
again. Continue entering data using the TAB until you want to go to the
next row and back to just below the first cell in the next row. On the last
entry in the row hit ENTER. Acts like a carriage return on a typewriter.
Then use TAB again until ready for the next row where you would hit ENTER
again.

HTH
Regards,
Howard