Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
glynny

Default Retrieving data from the web - help !

Hello all

I don't know if this is possible - but it is I haven't a clue about
where to start.

I have a simple spreadsheet that contains 124 entries in A1 that is the
first 2 letters of all UK postcodes.

There are loads of sites that use web pages to allow you to find stores
or branches etc. by entering your local areas postcode.

What I would like to do is use Cell A1 (whose value is AB for Aberdeen)
to fill in the appropriate field in the website, then to drop the
resultant data back into this spreadsheet (or another sheet or page
even).
Then go on to the next Cell in A2 (Value is AL) and return the
appropriate info fo that postcode.

and so on until all 124 postcodes have been queried.

The 124 postcodes are all different, and have either 1 or 2 letters.
The websites can return none , a few or lots of results each time.

Is this possible ? I have tried using the Import Data and Web Query but
all I get is the blank page in Text format pasted back into my sheet -
i.e I cant use the info in Cell A1 to get data.

any help greatly appreciated.

--
glynny
glynny's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31656