Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Daniell

Default #DIV/0 error

What I am working with is a simple divide statment using two worksheets.

=('Product'!P20/'Product'!P21)

If the answer comes out to zero I get the #DIV/0!, is there a solution to
just putting a zero in that cell?

Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
gevans

You should only be getting the divide/overflow when you divide by zero. If
the actual answer is zero, it should put a "0" in the cell. Did I
misunderstand the question?
--
gevans

"Daniell" wrote:

What I am working with is a simple divide statment using two worksheets.

=('Product'!P20/'Product'!P21)

If the answer comes out to zero I get the #DIV/0!, is there a solution to
just putting a zero in that cell?

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

=IF('Product'!P21=0,0,'Product'!P20/'Product'!P21)

Peo Sjoblom

Northwest Excel Solutions

Portland, Oregon

"Daniell" wrote in message
What I am working with is a simple divide statment using two worksheets.

=('Product'!P20/'Product'!P21)

If the answer comes out to zero I get the #DIV/0!, is there a solution to
just putting a zero in that cell?

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Daniell

Thanks, I seen what I was doing wrong. I placed a space and another
character on the string. I appreciate the help.

"Daniell" wrote in message
What I am working with is a simple divide statment using two worksheets.

=('Product'!P20/'Product'!P21)

If the answer comes out to zero I get the #DIV/0!, is there a solution to
just putting a zero in that cell?

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Guys i need URGENT help with this formula

i have 3 cells M62=M63/M64*100

now if both M63 and M64 are 0, I need M62 to display 0, but i know 0/0 gives
the DIV/0 error.

please let me know if there's a way around this.

Many Thanx
John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

All requests are handled the same way here. An URGENT request is sometimes
ignored.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"John" wrote in message
Guys i need URGENT help with this formula

i have 3 cells M62=M63/M64*100

now if both M63 and M64 are 0, I need M62 to display 0, but i know 0/0
gives
the DIV/0 error.

please let me know if there's a way around this.

Many Thanx
John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"John" wrote:
i have 3 cells M62=M63/M64*100
now if both M63 and M64 are 0, I need M62 to display 0,
but i know 0/0 gives the DIV/0 error.

=if(M64=0,0,M63/M64*100)

Never mind about M63 being zero. The formula will handle that just fine.