scott45

Default Div/0 error

I get a div/0 in this formula if the sum f7:g7 is blank. I need to have this
formula to either show blank or zero instead it shows the error. I need it to
show 0 or blank because at the end of the day I need the totals of the
column, if there is the error I can not total this column. This formula is
used to figue chemical weights in water treatment. Thanks Scott
=if(x160,x16*f4)/sum(f7:g7)
Richard Buttrey

On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 05:49:05 -0700, "scott45"
wrote:

I get a div/0 in this formula if the sum f7:g7 is blank. I need to have this
formula to either show blank or zero instead it shows the error. I need it to
show 0 or blank because at the end of the day I need the totals of the
column, if there is the error I can not total this column. This formula is
used to figue chemical weights in water treatment. Thanks Scott
=if(x160,x16*f4)/sum(f7:g7)

The method I generally use is to put the formula in an If statement.

i.e.

=If(Iserror(your formula),0,yourformula)

replace zero with "" (two double quotes) if you want a blank.

Rgds
__
Richard Buttrey
Grappenhall, Cheshire, UK
__________________________
Simon Lloyd

Try this the "" will display a blank but remove them and enter a 0 and
it will display 0
=if(iserror(a1/b1),"",a1/b1)

Hope it helps

Simon

--
Simon Lloyd
Simon Lloyd's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6708

Richard Buttrey

On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 07:25:01 -0700, "scott45"
wrote:

Thanks but it doesnt seem to work. I keep getting enter too many arguments.

Try

=IF(ISERROR(IF(X160,X16*F4)/SUM(F7:G7)),0,IF(X160,X16*F4)/SUM(F7:G7))

Rgds

__
Richard Buttrey
Grappenhall, Cheshire, UK