Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
liniis

Default Custom format cells - how to make it say < number

Hi, I have a tiny question for you...

You know that one can get for example the format "percent" in a cell so
if I write 8, 8% will turn up in the cell. I would like to do the same
but with < so if I write 0,1 the cell will say <0.1. The only number in
the cell have to be 0.1 so I can use these numbers to make diagrams and
calculate etc. I have looked at the custom category on Format Cells
under Format but I can't come up with a format code that gives the
wanted result. So please, can anyone give me help on this....

Thanks!
/liniis

--
liniis
liniis's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31615

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Is this what you mean

[<0]<0.0;General

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"liniis" wrote in
message ...

Hi, I have a tiny question for you...

You know that one can get for example the format "percent" in a cell so
if I write 8, 8% will turn up in the cell. I would like to do the same
but with < so if I write 0,1 the cell will say <0.1. The only number in
the cell have to be 0.1 so I can use these numbers to make diagrams and
calculate etc. I have looked at the custom category on Format Cells
under Format but I can't come up with a format code that gives the
wanted result. So please, can anyone give me help on this....

Thanks!
/liniis

--
liniis
liniis's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=513105

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
liniis

...do you mean that I should write this in the custom category in the
"number" tab under "format cells"? I have tried that but excel returns
a warning sayin that Excel cannot use the number format I typed.
LMK...
/Liniis

--
liniis
liniis's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31615
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=513105

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

I mean in the Custom selection of FormatCells

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"liniis" wrote in