Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
paulrm906

Default =if(h180<0;e180-$j$1;0)

Hello everyone

=IF(H180<0;E180-$J$1;0)

H180 = empty cell with a formula in it.
E180 = the date a person was interviewed.
$J$1 = =()NOW

In the above formula H180 is an empty cell with a formula in it (which
will later have their actual starting date in it) and E180 is the date
a new staff member should commence work and J1 is equal to =()now. So
now I want to write a formula simular to the above formula or another
formula that does the job in cell J180 and what I want it to do in cell
J180 is tell me how many days until their starting date. and to do this
I need to subtract E180 (starting date) from J1 (=()now. plus I only
want an answer in cell J180 if they have not started and once I enter
the date in E180 then I just want it left blank. I hope I have not
confused everyone with this as I got totally confused writing it.

Thanks

Paul Maynard:)

--
paulrm906
paulrm906's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28776

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

=IF(H180=0;INT(E180-$J$1);0)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"paulrm906" wrote
in message ...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
paulrm906

Hello Bob

Thanks for speedy reply however your formula does not want to work for
me unless I delete the formula in H180. And I really do not want to
delete this formula, do you know of any alternatives.

Thanks

Paul Maynard
Moscow

Bob Phillips Wrote:
=IF(H180=0;INT(E180-$J$1);0)

--
[...]

View this thread:

paulrm906
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Why? I was suggesting the formula goes elsewhere, so why do you need to
delete H180?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"paulrm906" wrote in message
.. .

Hello Bob

Thanks for speedy reply however your formula does not want to work for
me unless I delete the formula in H180. And I really do not want to
delete this formula, do you know of any alternatives.

Thanks

Paul Maynard
Moscow

Bob Phillips Wrote:
=IF(H180=0;INT(E180-$J$1);0)

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
paulrm906

Hello Bob

I was not suggesting that I delete H180 I was just informing you that
the only way that I could get your formula to work for me was to delete
the formula in H180 and unfortunately I need this formula to stay there.
The formula in H180 as got nothing to do with the above formula, it is
there so that when that person commences work here they are entered
onto another sheet which will automaticaly feed the starting date
across to this sheet and into H180. In the formula it is asking that if
H180 is = 0 then E180-$J$180, but because H180 as got a formula in it
your formula will not work for me. and as I said before it will however
only work if I delete the formual in H180. And sorry for any
misunderstanding.

Paul Maynard
Moscow
Russia