Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
paulrm906

Default =if(h180<0;e180-$j$1;0)

Hello Bob

Thanks for speedy reply however your formula does not want to work for
me unless I delete the formula in H180. And I really do not want to
delete this formula, do you know of any alternatives.

Thanks

Paul Maynard
Moscow

Bob Phillips Wrote:
=IF(H180=0;INT(E180-$J$1);0)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"paulrm906"
wrote
in message

Hello everyone

=IF(H1800;E180-$J$1;0)

H180 = empty cell with a formula in it.
E180 = the date a person was interviewed.
$J$1 = =()NOW

In the above formula H180 is an empty cell with a formula in it
(which
will later have their actual starting date in it) and E180 is the
date
a new staff member should commence work and J1 is equal to =()now. So
now I want to write a formula simular to the above formula or another
formula that does the job in cell J180 and what I want it to do in
cell
J180 is tell me how many days until their starting date. and to do
this
I need to subtract E180 (starting date) from J1 (=()now. plus I only
want an answer in cell J180 if they have not started and once I enter
the date in E180 then I just want it left blank. I hope I have not
confused everyone with this as I got totally confused writing it.

Thanks

Paul Maynard:)

--
paulrm906