Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default =HYPERLINK function and Excel 2003 problem.

Hello,

I have a worksheet with addresses of the clients, so each row represent
one client (Name, Title;Street+no, ZIP, city ...)
I would need to put on the first column a special hyperlink, which will
be composed from the values of next columns.

Like :
=HYPERLINK("http://www.abc.abc?Parameters=Excel"&";"&C12&";"&IF(D12=$ C$5;0;IF(D12=$C$6;1;IF(D12=$C$7;2;3)))&";"&E12&";" &F12&";"&G12;"Open
in browser")

So the hyperlink would look like
http://www.abc.abc?Parameters=Excel;John Dick;0;Lombard street
1204;10304;Zurich ...

But the hyperlink does not work, when in one or more of the cells is a
value containing space - in this example the name and street. I've
tried to replace the spaces with %20, but still the same. Simply Excel
will not open the browser, nor display an error message in those
cases...
However, if I remove the space, it works.

This problem occurs only in Excel 2003, in XP it works..

Ajo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I think I found the solution - I had to SUBSTITUTE all spaces with +
sign...

so it should be like =HYPERLINK(SUBSTITUTE( ............ ; " " ;
"+");"Open in browser")

If somebody has found a different solution, please let me know!

Thnx!
Ajo