Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bluemoir

Default adding specific cells based on a corresponding date

I have a Workbook that i use to track the amount of work completed (in square
feet) by one of our subcontractors. In each record (they are between 1 - 8
rows in size) there is a date the job was completed on as well as the total
square feet calculated from all the measurements. Each sheet in the workbook
is broken down by our pay periods (Pay Period 1:from the 10th - 25th Pay
period 2: 25th - 10th etc.) and contains all the jobs completed between
those dates. In the same workbook i have a sheet that tracks all the
materials alloted to this subcontractor and the dates they were alloted to
him. From these numbers we can estimate the square footage he should be able
to complete with those materials. I'd like to graph BY MONTH not pay period
how much footage he installs vs what we estimate he should be doing with the
materials we give him. In my totals table I need to calculate from each
sheet that crosses a month period (every second sheet) the totals for eg.
from the records that fall in january separate from the totals that fall in
february. I was fiddling with IF statements to try and figure out a way to
add each number in column Q(totals) whenever theres a corresponding date
within the specified range(jan 25th - jan 31st etc.) in that same row/record.
Any ideas on how I might do this would be much appreciated. Please let me
know if you need more info.