irishbird25800

Default format cells to Kg and g

Does anyone know how to format cells into Kg and G? Please.
JE McGimpsey

Not sure exactly what you're after, but perhaps

Format/Cells/Number/Custom [=1000]#,##0, Kg;0 G

In article ,

Does anyone know how to format cells into Kg and G? Please.

Gord Dibben

J.E.

Found I had to add quotes in order to get this to work.

[=1000]#,##0, "Kg";0 "G"

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

"irishbird25800" wrote:

Does anyone know how to format cells into Kg and G? Please.

Gord Dibben

Format or "Convert"

J.E. gave you a format.

To convert from Imperial to Metric use the CONVERT Function which is accessed
from the Analysis Toolpak add-in.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 14:43:08 -0800, "irishbird25800"
wrote:

Does anyone know how to format cells into Kg and G? Please.

JE McGimpsey

Hmm... I don't in XL04 (I tested first).

In article ,
Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca wrote:

Found I had to add quotes in order to get this to work.

[=1000]#,##0, "Kg";0 "G"

Gord Dibben

Excel 2002 on a PC here.

Also tested on 2003. Need the quotes.

Tested on 97. Don't need the quotes.

Just one of those things<g

Gord

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 16:50:58 -0700, JE McGimpsey wrote:

Hmm... I don't in XL04 (I tested first).

In article ,
Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca wrote:

Found I had to add quotes in order to get this to work.

[=1000]#,##0, "Kg";0 "G"

Harlan Grove

"Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca wrote...
Excel 2002 on a PC here.

Also tested on 2003. Need the quotes.

Tested on 97. Don't need the quotes.

Just one of those things

And under XL2K don't need the quotes.

Hard to imagine this is anything other than a bug in the later versions,
unless it's related to later Excel versions' Oh-so-wonderful ability to
parse muslim calendar dates under English language settings.

JE McGimpsey

I have a vague recollection that "g" is used in time or date formats in
certain international versions. Perhaps your versions is just more
cosmopolitan than mine?