Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Brad

Default Array Formula

Thanks for taking the time to read my question.

I have 2 columns, and I want to add the second column where the first column
doesn't equal "House"

Car 100
Gas 90
House 300
Saving 100
--------------
Total 290

I want to be able to sort the data alphabetically, or by value. If you make
static references, the formulas I am trying to use fail. I know an array
would work perfectly here, I just can't seem to find the formula that would
work.

Thanks,

Brad

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

=sumif(A:A,"<House",B:B)

no arrays necessary

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Brad" wrote in message
Thanks for taking the time to read my question.

I have 2 columns, and I want to add the second column where the first

column
doesn't equal "House"

Car 100
Gas 90
House 300
Saving 100
--------------
Total 290

I want to be able to sort the data alphabetically, or by value. If you

make
static references, the formulas I am trying to use fail. I know an array
would work perfectly here, I just can't seem to find the formula that

would
work.

Thanks,

Brad