Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jennifer H

Default Mysterious formatting - cannot fix

The other day I opened up an existing Excel 2000 workbook only to discover
that the formatting had been changed! When I attempted to enter the number
25 into an existing cell, the formatting changed it to 0.25. I have used
this worksheet for years with no changes, and literally overnight the
formatting just changed itself! I tried to format the cells, tried several
settings, and nothing works! It is forcing me to enter the decimal (25.) in
order to the get the whole number "25" - incredibly mysterious. Does anyone
know how to fix this or what may have caused it in the first place? Not only
is this a problem with existing files, but also with new worksheets I create.
Any help will be appreciated!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Kevin Vaughn

Sounds like fixed decimal got turned on. Go to Tools/Options/Edit and
uncheck Fixed Decimal.

--
Kevin Vaughn