Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gizmo63

Default Auto rename and save prompt needed.

Hi Folks,
This is also posted elsewhere but no answers yet.

I have created a p'word protected xlt workbook. When I open the file from
windows explorer it will open as an xls 'version' as it ideal. However most
users will use the excel file-open options to get the file which means it
stays as a template.
Can anyone help me out with some some VBA which is beyond my current
knowledge?

As soon as the template is loaded as read only I would like the file to
automatically remove the password and prompt the user to re-save under a new
name using the xls extension (pre-selected for them as the save-as window
stays
on xlt).

Hope this makes sense. Can this be done?
Your help appreciated.