Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JavyD

Default Count # of A's in a Cell

Like a charm, I feel so stupid, you made that look so easy, thanks again,
youre the best

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Adjustment:

The formula I previously posted can be used to count occurrences of text in
a range.
Since you're only testing one cell, use this
B1: =LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(UPPER(A1),"A",""))

Does that help?

Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"JavyD" wrote:

May I add, I've been using Countif, but lets say the cell has a Text like so
- ART GOES TO CAMP, it would say theres only one A, theres actually 2.

"JavyD" wrote:

How do you do this, tried to figure out, and I can't I need to count the
number of A's in a cell, or any other letter that I define. Thanks.