spongebobvan

Default password protect a spreadsheet to prevent it from being opened.

I am trying to secure a spreadsheet and/or workbook in Excel 2000 to prevent
someone from opening. Only those with the proper password whould be allowed
to view this spreadsheet. I have used the protection feature available and
it merely prevents changes to the doc.
LanceB

From the excel help file

Protect a workbook file from viewing or editing
On the File menu, click Save As.
On the Tools menu, click General Options.
Do either or both of the following:

If you want users to enter a password before they can view the workbook,
type a password in the Password to open box, and then click OK.
If you want users to enter a password before they can save changes to the
workbook, type a password in the Password to modify box, and then click OK.
When prompted, retype your passwords to confirm them.
Click Save.

If prompted, click Yes to replace the existing workbook.

Lance