Lostinall

Default Please Help (Comparing Spreadsheets)

Here's my problem. I have two spreadsheets. In one spreadsheet (sheet a) i
have the part number P123456. in the other sheet (sheet b) i have a rang of
part numbers P00000-P66666 and the quantites of those part numbers. I need
to find the the part numbers that are listed in sheet a and match them with
the part numbers and quantities that are in sheet b. So i want find the part
number and quantity in sheet b and return it to sheet a. Please help
LanceB

Couple of ideas:

If your are looking for a sum of all quantities in sheet b that match sheet a

Sumif(sheet b part number range,sheet a part number,sheet b quantity range)
example SUMIF(Sheet2!A1:A7,Sheet1!A1,Sheet2!B1:B7)

or if there exist only one entry per part number in sheet b

Vlookup(sheet a part number,range of sheet be including part number,quantity
col)
example VLOOKUP(Sheet1!A1,Sheet2!A1:B7,2)

Lance