Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
BSantos

Default vlookup

Can you or how can you have to lookups?

I have a spreadsheet that has a column with store #'s and a column with part
#'s and a column with Qty's.

I want to compare it to another workbook. See if that spreadsheet is the
same in quantities and part #'s. for that store.

I basically have a file of PO's for store orders which include part#'s and
quatities for stores.

I sent it to the be ordered and we've received the orders and now I want to
see if they there are any orders missing for each store and part # and
compare the qty's as well.

Hope that wasn't confusing.

If you find this store and this part # on this workbook give me the qty.

Thanks B.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Kou Vang

=vlookup(Cell of store,"Begin Range:End of Range",Column of Return,True/False)

Cell of store=should be the cell of Stores, this is what you are looking up
by.
"Begin/End" Range=Other spreadsheet, ie: 'storesheet1'!a$2:'storesheet1'!c$150
Column of Return= You want Qty's so this should be 3
True/False= You want False if it doesn't exist.

Keep in mind, that Your Range doesn't have to be column A. But, if it
isn't, the column of return is still however many columns right of your
range. So if your range starts in B, and you want Qty's, your column isn't
4, it's still 3. HTH.