Bluemax

Default Change number of columns mid page?

I would like to use a specific number of columns of varying widths at the top
of a page then, part way down the page, change to a different number of
columns at different widths and use data from cells in each group for
calculations in either group. Is this possible?
Gord Dibben

Width is a property of the column.

Cannot be changed in mid-page.

Explain what you would like to see/do. Perhaps there are work-arounds.

One table in columns A through G and another table in columns H through P or
whatever.

Two separate sheets with a table on each, although calculations across sheets
become more unwieldy.

Calculations are not dependent upon column width but rather cell content so
your calcs could be done in any case.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 11:35:08 -0800, "Bluemax"
wrote:

I would like to use a specific number of columns of varying widths at the top
of a page then, part way down the page, change to a different number of
columns at different widths and use data from cells in each group for
calculations in either group. Is this possible?

Bluemax

Thanks Gord. I appreciate your inputs. What I'm trying to do is to log in
information which requires four columns and about 1/2 page. I then want to
accumulate data, which requires six columns, in the bottom half of the page.
Xcel will do some calculations and change the information in the top half.
The columns in the bottom half will have an acculmation of dat over a period
of time then be replaced one row or a few cells at a time continuously
updating the information in the top half of the sheet. Any further thoughts?
Bluemax

wrote:

I would like to use a specific number of columns of varying widths at the top
of a page then, part way down the page, change to a different number of
columns at different widths and use data from cells in each group for
calculations in either group. Is this possible?

Gord Dibben

To change the information in the top half I would assume you need formulas in
these cells.

Formulas that derive their results from data in the six columns below.

If you do not use formulas you would need VBA code to move data from the
bottom half to top half.

Where does you bottom half accumulation of data come from?

Manually entered? External feed?

A few more details would be nice.

Gord

wrote:

I would like to use a specific number of columns of varying widths at the top
of a page then, part way down the page, change to a different number of
columns at different widths and use data from cells in each group for
calculations in either group. Is this possible?

Bluemax0518

Thanks again Gord. Data in bottom section is manually entered. Formulas in
both top and bottom sections use the data for calculations. Maybe I just use
six columns all the way and let it look wierd?