UCD GRAD

Default EZ Q 4 U: How do I change a number to text, based on the number

Hi,
I am a TA for a large course. I have the score results for a midterm. The
professors has assigned grade cutoffs (e.g. 53-56 correct = A-, and so on).
I am not going to type in all the grades for some 300 students. What formula
would I use to change a number value to a grade?

THANK YOU!!

LaTonya
Biff

Hi!

Adapt this this conversion table to meet your needs:

<41 F
41-44 D
45-48 C
49-52 B
52 A

Assume student name is in A1 and number grade is in B1.

Now, with that table in mind use a formula like this:

=LOOKUP(B1,{0,"F";41,"D";45,"C";49,"B";53,"A"})

Biff

I am a TA for a large course. I have the score results

for a midterm. The
professors has assigned grade cutoffs (e.g. 53-56 correct

= A-, and so on).
I am not going to type in all the grades for some 300

students. What formula
would I use to change a number value to a grade?

THANK YOU!!

LaTonya
.

UCD GRAD

Thanks Biff.
Related Q for Biff (or anyone) does this function itself take care of
ranges (e.g. 40-50 = A or do I have to include the range in the function
itself?