Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
sue

Default time elapsed formula

I need to calculate two formulas.

1. Need to create a formula for % time elapsed (based on 365 days)
2. Need to create a formula for % to Forecast vs time elapsed .
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Fred Smith

More information would be useful.

For 1, are you saying you have a start date, an end date, and a current date,
and you want to know what % of the period has elapsed from start to current? If
so, try:

=(current - start) / (end - start), format as percent.

For 2, you might be able to compare this calculated % with the forecast %. If
that's not what you are looking for, post back with more details.

Fred

"sue" wrote in message
I need to calculate two formulas.

1. Need to create a formula for % time elapsed (based on 365 days)
2. Need to create a formula for % to Forecast vs time elapsed .

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
sue

Let's say the spread sheet measures sales volume for 365 days (06 calendar
year). So, some of the columns on the page going across a

$ sales month to date; $ sales ytd; Forecasted volume; % to forecast ytd.

I think the formula is year to date $ sales / total forecast = % to yearly
forecast..

but we will be comparing that to total time elapsed for the year.. I don't
know how to do do it. This should be a running formula that "ticks" away
the year in %.. so we know how much time we have left to make the number vs %
to actual $'s achieved to date. Make sense?

"sue" wrote in message
I need to calculate two formulas.

1. Need to create a formula for % time elapsed (based on 365 days)
2. Need to create a formula for % to Forecast vs time elapsed .

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Fred Smith

Make sense? No.

Try posting a specific example. I'm sure that will help us figure out what
you're trying to do.

Fred