Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Fred Smith

Default time elapsed formula

Make sense? No.

Try posting a specific example. I'm sure that will help us figure out what
you're trying to do.

Fred

"sue" wrote in message
Let's say the spread sheet measures sales volume for 365 days (06 calendar
year). So, some of the columns on the page going across a

$ sales month to date; $ sales ytd; Forecasted volume; % to forecast ytd.

I think the formula is year to date $ sales / total forecast = % to yearly
forecast..

but we will be comparing that to total time elapsed for the year.. I don't
know how to do do it. This should be a running formula that "ticks" away
the year in %.. so we know how much time we have left to make the number vs %
to actual $'s achieved to date. Make sense?

"Fred Smith" wrote:

More information would be useful.

For 1, are you saying you have a start date, an end date, and a current date,
and you want to know what % of the period has elapsed from start to current?
If
so, try:

=(current - start) / (end - start), format as percent.

For 2, you might be able to compare this calculated % with the forecast %. If
that's not what you are looking for, post back with more details.

Fred

"sue" wrote in message
I need to calculate two formulas.

1. Need to create a formula for % time elapsed (based on 365 days)
2. Need to create a formula for % to Forecast vs time elapsed .