Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
~C

Default Combining Worksheets into one

A client emails me a worksheet with to indicate which duplicate records need
to be deleted. The client has multiple locations, so each location fills
marks the records for deletion according on their corresponding site tab.
When I get the worksheet back, I need to combine all records with an X in the
void column on all sheets into one worksheet so that I can import those
records into our database. Is there an easy way to moved all records with an
X in th void column on all worksheets into one single sheet?

Example: ACME Hospitals Workbook contains the following Worksheets:
Pittsburgh
Cleveland
Tampa
Detroit
Raleigh

Each location updates their worksheet with the the information below.
Because of space limitations in this post, i put the headings in the rows,
but on my worksheet they are column headings. In the example below, the
Pittsburgh location would select the Pittsburgh tab and enter in the required
information. I am only interested in moving the rows that have an "X" in the
Void column. Some locations have hundreds of duplicate records, but may have
only 50 marked for deletion. Some locations have no duplicate records at
all, and some locations have duplicate records, but none marked for deletion.

SITE PITTSBURGH PITSBURGH
VOID X
ID 25896 58975
EMP_UID ZX8U2E WM9U76
EMP_NAME JANE DOE JOHN DOE
VISIT_TYPE INJURY/ILLNESS PHYSICAL
VISIT_DATE 2/1/06 2/1/06
CHECKIN TIME 1305 1450
IN-ROOM TIME 1325 1510
CHECKOUT DATE 2/1/06 2/1/06
CHECKOUT TIME 1350 1525
CASE_NO 2006-89658 2006-78954
INCIDENT_ID XX-896-WR RR-693-PQ

Please help. I know there is an easy way to do this.

Cindi
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete

If you sort the data on the Void column, all the X's will be brought
together, so you can easily highlight them and copy to a "Delete"
sheet. You can easily repeat this for each sheet if you only have six
of them, then you have your composite list.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
~C

I thought of that, the problem is that there are about 40 sheets. I was
hoping to automate this process to save time. If, like you said, it was only
6 sheets, it would not be such a big deal.

Thanks,

Cindi