Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Matt Suppa

Default "New Web Query" always refreshes data from website (3 times)

Is there anyway to bypass the "auto-preview" in order to simply change or
edit the "URL" for the query to Run when importing external data - New/Edit
Web Query. I'm running an ASP page that passes a parameter in the URL in
order to pull the right information (example: mypage.asp?value=1). However,
each time I want to change the parameter in the URL, it first previews the
previous web page, then I change the parameter in the URL and it then
refreshes & previews the new URL so that I can select the tables I want to
import, and then lastly when I click "import", it re-runs the query and
returns the data to excel. This is three (3) refreshes of the asp web page
that I don't really want to have to wait for each time. Any thoughts?

In Office 2000, it did not auto preview (and believe it or not this was ok
with me). Perhaps there is a way to turn off the "auto-preview" that I'm not
aware of.

Any guidance, assistance or postings would be very helpful.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you right click the first cell of your query and select properties
then it will come up with a box where you can select refresh options.
One of them is "enable background refresh". If you deselect all refresh
options maybe that helps?

Hans