Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Nuno D

Default Rank & Match Problem

Hi,
would appreciate any help you could give me

I've got the fowling table,

Event Rank Athlete Time Tournament
50 Freestyle 1 John Doe 00:23.61 Easter
50 freestyle 2 John Smith 00:23.89 Easter
400 freestyle 6 Jay Silva 03:46.78 Easter
50 freestyle 1 John Smith 00:23.61 Spring
100 freestyle 8 John Doe II 00:48.64 Spring

Each event has 8 athletes and each Tournament has several events.
My gold is to get the fastest 8 times(with the names of the athletes)
of the season in every event regardless of the tournament.
So far I was able to rank the fastest 8 times. My problem is in getting
the athletes names. Any thoughts?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Aladin Akyurek

See my posts on Top N lists in:

http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?t=333697
http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/viewtopic.php?t=69970

Nuno D wrote:
Hi,
would appreciate any help you could give me

I've got the fowling table,

Event Rank Athlete Time Tournament
50 Freestyle 1 John Doe 00:23.61 Easter
50 freestyle 2 John Smith 00:23.89 Easter
400 freestyle 6 Jay Silva 03:46.78 Easter
50 freestyle 1 John Smith 00:23.61 Spring
100 freestyle 8 John Doe II 00:48.64 Spring

Each event has 8 athletes and each Tournament has several events.
My gold is to get the fastest 8 times(with the names of the athletes)
of the season in every event regardless of the tournament.
So far I was able to rank the fastest 8 times. My problem is in getting
the athletes names. Any thoughts?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Nuno D

Thanks,