Chris(new user)

Default Check data on colum A and find match on colum b

I need excel to check two lists of id codes and show if a match exists my
spreadsheet looks similar to this...
Colum A Colum B
axc123564 jku7784554
wes879566 abc123456
abc123456 uujk44521154

I want excel to check if items on colum b appear on colum a and inform me if
a match is found in colum c

This is what I want it to look like

axc123564 jku7784554 No Match
wes879566 abc123456 Match
abc123456 uujk44521154 No match

My sheet contains over 2000 id's
Please help.

Ragdyer

You posted this question maybe 6 or 7 times yesterday!

You were given suggestions of formulas to try.

Are you not able to understand the use of the suggestions, OR, are you not
able to read the replies themselves in your newsreader?

Here's a repeat of my suggestion:

Try this in C1, and copy down:

=IF(ISNA(MATCH(B1,$A$1:$A$100,0)),"No Match","Match Found")

Here's a link to *ONE* of the threads:

http://tinyurl.com/6ullp

--
HTH,

RD

"Chris (new user)" wrote in message
I need excel to check two lists of id codes and show if a match exists my
spreadsheet looks similar to this...
Colum A Colum B
axc123564 jku7784554
wes879566 abc123456
abc123456 uujk44521154

I want excel to check if items on colum b appear on colum a and inform me

if
a match is found in colum c

This is what I want it to look like

axc123564 jku7784554 No Match
wes879566 abc123456 Match
abc123456 uujk44521154 No match

My sheet contains over 2000 id's
Please help.

Arvi Laanemets

Hi

C2=IF(ISERRROR(VLOOKUP(B2,$A$2:$A$2500,1,0)),"No Match","Match")
or
C2=IF(ISERROR(MATCH(B2,$A$2:$A$2500,0)),"No Match","Match")
and copy down

Arvi Laanemets