Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike

Default Formula With Dates

I have a workbook with two sheets. Sheet 1 looks as follows:

A B
1 Date
2 MTD Revenue

Sheet 2 will have two columns of data. Column A will contain individual
dates begining with 1/1/2006 in row 1 and ending with 12/31/2006 in Row 365.
In column B will be the daily revenue for each of those days.

In cell B1 on Sheet 1 I want the user to be able to enter a date and in cell
B2 I want a formula that will calculate the month to date revenue up to that
date. In somes cases the formula will be adding just one row and in others it
may be adding up to 31 rows.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Govind

Hi,

Enter this formula in cell B2:

=SUMIF(Sheet2!A:A,"<="&Sheet1!B1,Sheet2!B:B)

Where Sheet 2 column A is where you have the dates and Sheet 2 column B
is where you have the revenue.

Regards

Govind.