Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Seanzie

Default Easy Nested IF formula question, please help

IF(C4="National"(If (B4=850, D4*'customer account numbers'!C3),IF(
B4749, D4*'customer account numbers'!C4), IF(B4649, D4*'customer
account numbers'!C5)), If(C4="Regional"(IF (B2=850, D4*'customer
account numbers'!B3), IF(B4749, D4*'customer account numbers'!B4),
IF(B4649, D4*'customer account numbers'!B5)))

What is wrong with this formula?

Thanks,

Seanzie

--
Seanzie
Seanzie's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30992

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
daddylonglegs

Seanzie Wrote:

What is wrong with this formula?

Where do you want to start??

You'd probably be advised to try to shorten it - as you're actually
returning values from a 3x2 table (multiplied by D4) you'd probably be
better off with INDEX/MATCH like this

=INDEX('customer account
numbers'!B3:C5,MATCH(B4,{850,749,649},0),MATCH(C4, {"National","Regional"},0))*D4

--
daddylonglegs
daddylonglegs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30486

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Seanzie

If there is any way you could elaborate, I would greatly appreciate it.
Here is the Microsoft word document describing what I am trying to do.

Thanks much,

Seanzie

|Filename: excel2.doc |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4281 |

Seanzie
Seanzie's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30992
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=506598

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dav

I agree with the above comments an index function or a vlookup function
is much easier than a nested if, however this is not your fault as the
assignment has been set by someone else. In the attached sheet I have
calculated the discount by the 3 methods so so can see how much shorter
using index is.

I am sure you can fill in the rest

Dav

|Filename: accounts.doc |