Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bob hope

Default Forcing Alignment Options

I'm trying to force all text added to a worksheet to 'shring to fit' as an
alignment option. However when new text is added to a cell, or if text is
copied into a cell the default alignment is 'wrap text' . Where is the
default alignment setting set, and can it force all text to the set
alignment?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson

If you copy|paste a cell, then all those properties from the copied cell will be
applied to the pasted cell.

Maybe you can copy from the formula bar and paste into the formula bar.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bob hope

I suspected at much, but I'm not pasting from an excel spreadheet, rather a
word doucument. Since by default the cell formats to wrap, rather than
shrink, it seems resonable that it does so based on an option.

Pasting to the formula bar does maintain the formating.
Thanks