MCP

Default Alignment of Multiple-Level Category Labels Not Possible?

I have multiple-level category labels in my chart. How can I change the
alignment of the meta-label level, i.e., the rows of labels below all the
other levels. Excel restricts the alignment of this meta-label level at 0%
even after manually changing the alignment of the labels on the Format menu
- Selected Axis - Alignment tab.

I want to change the alignment to 90% degrees so that I can see the longer
text. At 0% (the default), these labels are running into each other and are
not eligible.

Thanks, Marco

Jon Peltier

Marco -

You can only adjust the alignment of the row of category labels furthest
from the plot area of the chart. The others ignore any changes you make
in the Format Axis dialog, no matter how frustrated you become.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services