Pam Coleman

Default Access with different users

If I have a worksheet and the first seven rows of information I only want 4
people to access and make changes and then row 8-30, anyone can make changes.
Is there
a way to do this? I know I can lock cells, protect the sheet and save as
read only, but if someone opens this and makes changes in the top part of the
worksheet that shouldn't and print, and even though they can't save it
without renaming,there are wrong copies going around.So I do not want these
4 people to change the top at all but everyone can change the bottom part of
the sheet. Thanks,
Frank Kabel

Hi
I woudln't use Excel if you have this kind of requirements. Use a
central database with special userforms to access the data

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Pam Coleman" schrieb im
Newsbeitrag ...
If I have a worksheet and the first seven rows of information I only

want 4
people to access and make changes and then row 8-30, anyone can make

changes.
Is there
a way to do this? I know I can lock cells, protect the sheet and

save as
read only, but if someone opens this and makes changes in the top

part of the
worksheet that shouldn't and print, and even though they can't save

it
without renaming,there are wrong copies going around.So I do not want

these
4 people to change the top at all but everyone can change the bottom

part of
the sheet. Thanks,

Debra Dalgleish

If you have Excel 2002 or later version, you could use Range
permissions. Choose ToolsProtectionAllow Users to Edit Ranges

Set up the ranges with passwords for each group, then protect the sheet.

Pam Coleman wrote:
If I have a worksheet and the first seven rows of information I only want 4
people to access and make changes and then row 8-30, anyone can make changes.
Is there
a way to do this? I know I can lock cells, protect the sheet and save as
read only, but if someone opens this and makes changes in the top part of the
worksheet that shouldn't and print, and even though they can't save it
without renaming,there are wrong copies going around.So I do not want these
4 people to change the top at all but everyone can change the bottom part of
the sheet. Thanks,

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List