Debra Dalgleish

If you have Excel 2002 or later version, you could use Range
permissions. Choose ToolsProtectionAllow Users to Edit Ranges

Set up the ranges with passwords for each group, then protect the sheet.

Pam Coleman wrote:
If I have a worksheet and the first seven rows of information I only want 4
people to access and make changes and then row 8-30, anyone can make changes.
Is there
a way to do this? I know I can lock cells, protect the sheet and save as
read only, but if someone opens this and makes changes in the top part of the
worksheet that shouldn't and print, and even though they can't save it
without renaming,there are wrong copies going around.So I do not want these
4 people to change the top at all but everyone can change the bottom part of
the sheet. Thanks,

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List