Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Michael Saffer

Default Q About Macro Security

I use Peter Noneley's Function Dictionary at work, a lot. I have to enable
the macros but that's ok with me because I first saw it on Mr. Pearson's
site. I'm at home and this new Dell won't allow me to use Mr. Noneley's
program. The error message says my security level is too high. I followed
the path on the Excel tools menu to macro security. It was set high. I
lowered it to medium and then to low to no avail. The second part of the
error said I could get the cetificate signed but upon reading further I
believe what I read was that signing certificates originates from the
author? I also tried the IE internet options security. I selected
medium. No joy.

Can any one of you folks give me some advice?

Respectfully,
Michael Saffer
Jacksonville, Florida

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike Middleton

Michael -

After you change the security level from high to medium or low, you may need
to close and restart Excel for the new setting to take effect.

- Mike
www.mikemiddleton.com

"Michael Saffer" wrote in message
I use Peter Noneley's Function Dictionary at work, a lot. I have to enable
the macros but that's ok with me because I first saw it on Mr. Pearson's
site. I'm at home and this new Dell won't allow me to use Mr. Noneley's
program. The error message says my security level is too high. I followed
the path on the Excel tools menu to macro security. It was set high. I
lowered it to medium and then to low to no avail. The second part of the
error said I could get the cetificate signed but upon reading further I
believe what I read was that signing certificates originates from the
author? I also tried the IE internet options security. I selected
medium. No joy.

Can any one of you folks give me some advice?

Respectfully,
Michael Saffer
Jacksonville, Florida

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Michael Saffer

Thank you very much Mike,
That worked and I am using it now.

Best regards,
Michael Saffer
Jacksonville, Florida

Macro security Gene New Users to Excel 4 December 22nd 05 06:33 PM
How turn off macro security question for workbook with no marcos? Dewy Cheatum & Howe Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 December 9th 05 10:14 PM
Closing File Error jcliquidtension Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 October 20th 05 12:22 PM
how to raise the Macro security level in a product I can't execute vfstevenson Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 September 15th 05 09:48 PM
Security in macro Pam Coleman Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 February 24th 05 10:41 PM